Monday, January 26, 2009

Dave-O... Da-a-a-ave O...




Davelight come and me wanna go home...

Ah, 'twas a good day today. Are you sick of hearing about my good days? Do you wish I'd have a bad one now and then? Well, I'm sure my time will come. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna enjoy my day in the sun, ok? Is that all right with you, pal? Eh, tough guy? Yeah, that's what I thought!

My days of late: Work, play & errands. Dinner. Then more work, some play, perhaps a movie, and then reading on the couch until I pass out from exhaustion in the wee small hours of the morning. Lately, I've been doing my Bible reading right before my novel reading. Every time I've picked the Book up, I feel compelled to re-read John chapter 5. I read it aloud, softly and slowly. It's like a gold mine. Each time I read it again, there's something else to dwell on, and dig deep into. It makes for some interesting late-night conversation between the King and I...

I decided not to wait for Book 2 of the First Law series, and picked up The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss last night. Just started, of course, but what I've read so far is solid. Looks like it's going to be a good read. The book has accolades from just about every corner of the literary world... it's supposed to be terrific. We'll see.

Of course, what will happen when, later this week, I get the email from Barnes & Noble saying First Law Book 2 is in? Well, we shall see. Not a bad problem to have; too many good books to read!

I did something a bit different today for my daily episode of These Are A Few of My Favorite Scenes...




Yep, that's goofy ol' me, and my sweet Katie at the very end there. Let me know what you think. If it's too annoying/lame, I'll go back to clips only, but if you enjoy it (or even can simply tolerate it), I might continue... I have more ideas. MUAHAHAHA!!!!

Just to clarify a small thing from last night's post: I hope I didn't come across as being divisive, or against the Pastor in any way. Obviously, I stand firmly behind him, and he has my support 100%. He's one of the most important people in my life. I just think he's not quite thought the video game thing through completely, as far as the most practical and effective way to address the issue, that's all. And really, it's a small issue - a quibble, really. Still, I want to make sure anyone reading this that goes to Zion doesn't misinterpret my questioning as dissension.

Going to help dad and Linda move tomorrow. They're moving up to Murrietta so dad can be closer to his job. I wish them the best. Not sure why I don't spend more time with the man. He's also one of the most important people in my life. I just always feel like I'm bothering him. I'm that way with everyone, really. I love people from a distance, and leave them be. I'd hate to think when people see me or hear my voice on the phone that they go "oh, great, it's Dave... hope he makes it quick, whatever it is."

I guess in that way, I'm not a very good friend. People mean a lot to me, and I have many, many friendships that I consider valuable, but I don't really invest time in them, for that very reason, primarily. I don't want to be a bother, or have my attempts at interracting be misinterpreted.

My mom tells this story about my brother John, when he was younger. As he was growing up, he was really never around any other kids, just adults. Mom took him to the park one time (what was he, mom? 4?) and another kid came up to John. Mom thought John would want to play with the other kid, but instead, he was fascinated by him; like John had never seen another kid before. Mom said something like "go on, Johnny, play with the little boy." But instead, john stepped up to him and began feeling the kids' face, like he was investigating some odd new thing.

Anyway, I feel like that sometimes, when I try to be "friends" with someone, in a traditional sense. I feel like it's so foreign. I don't really know what I'm doing. So instead, I stay holed up in my little world, convincing myself that everyone else is the same way...

Bah, I'm rambling again, never mind.

Until tomorrow, there is no spoon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave! me likie the video (looked a tad bit dark) Maybe that's just me though. ttyl :)

Unknown said...

I'm waiting for a scene from Twister. You know you want to...

I finally got The Blade Itself. Good book. A heck of a lot better than the turd in written form I was reading before. Remember that Star Trek book I left at your house that one time? The one you ridiculed me for reading? Well let's just say they would probably go together nicely.

Carry on...

David Wagner said...

If I run out of favorite scenes, I could always put some least favorites... and mock them as they play, like Mystery Science Theater... Twister would be a good candidate for that, eh? :O

havah said...

Ahh, Dave. I do like the new Favourite Scenes set-up. Very fun. It's nice to put voice and actions with the writing :)

Comments for today:
1) I envy you that sweet time with the King. I remember the days...

2) I resemble you on the friends bit. I'm great when I'm around but then I withdraw and disappear. But..mm..maybe you noticed that? :-/ It's a new thing I developed after some time in the new country when I discovered I was investing time/energy/emotion in people who never returned the favour. Anyway, safe to say, you're not going to make me feel smothered, so keep up the contact :)

As for the blog...I think I'm gradually crawling out again and will be back at it soon. For now, I'll just my kicks from yours. :)