Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Thought "Poo Ping" Was A City In China...



Hey Howdy, people! Thank you! Thank you all! No, really... thank you very much. Please... please sit down. Thank you so much. No, really, please sit down...

A productive Thursday has come and gone. Went into the shop today, got some things done, which is always good. Took wifey with me, and she helped get the rug shop ready for a meeting of the Rug Society at the shop tonight. Hope it went well; I wasn't there...

Got some great ideas for further fleshing out the Rug Care Central website - hopefully I can implement some or all of them soon. Gotta keep Josh busy, eh!

Read more of The Darkness That Comes Before last night, and it has mellowed out, well into "readable" territory now. I shall persevere! I shall conquer! Thank you! Thank you again, too kind, far too kind! What a crowd tonight! You are all wonderful!

I have a great clip for you tonight, from Jim Carrey's classic Liar Liar. Hope you enjoy it...



The clips continue to evolve, hopefully for the better. Using a new camera now. Next will be tinkering with resolutions so that the final product isn't so grainy. Viddler can handle bigger files, but when a 5 minute clip is 250+MB in size, that's kind of ridiculous. Right now, the clips are usually about 30-40MB. Hopefully, I can improve the visual quality without making the files too enormous.

I also might start showing multiple clips from the same film, interspersed with my barely-tolerable commentary and trivia. If you've watched the last couple, you see that I'm trying to mix in still shots and other little editing tricks to spice things up a bit. Ah, what I go through to entertain my audience.

I know what you're thinking... "Dave, lose that annoying intro please." I'm working on it! Patience! I'm new to all this, and I'm learning!

Not much else of note to mention. Quake Live finally went public beta. I signed up, but waiting in the queue is impossibly long at this point. I'll keep checking, but really, I have too many games at hand that I can play instantly to make myself wait in line for two hours to play a free web browser-based FPS thats a decade old.

Random and boring, yes, I know. Sorry, that's the way my mind works. In this house, "Dad" is spelled "A-D-D"...

Guess I'll hit the road, eh! You've been a wonderful crowd, and I love you all!

Until tomorrow, remember, I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave...I so enjoy your blog...must rent the Jim Carey movie..haven't seen it...thanks for your help today...the meeting went well..not alot of people..no new ones anyway but fun and stayed late..just got home..talk to you soon..

havah said...

I've never seen "Liar Liar". It's one that I keep meaning to rent, but I always end up going "Nah" and choosing something else instead. I admit that I get embarrassed for characters in horribly awkward and embarrassing scenes. The urge to cover my eyes and hide until the moment passes is huge! *lol* I can't explain it, so please don't ask. This was a funny clip though...so maybe next time.

btw...the quality has improved for me, but not sure if that's your doing or the fact that I have a computer that can actually show video properly! :o