Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Hey, Where Do These Stairs Go?"



"They go up!"

(5 points if you can guess the movie I'm quoting...)

OK, here's the deal. Today was sooooo boring, I hesitate to attempt a recap, since I'm quite sure it will be painful to read. I mean, I could likely use it as a form of torture in order to chisel information out of you on the topic of my choice. Reading a recap of my day is against the clear bylaws of the Geneva Convention, and constitute cruel and unusual punishment. Basically, it would feel like your bowels were lit on fire and ripped out through your nasal cavity, while being forced to listen to Celine Dion and eat rice cakes.

So skip it, I shall. Thank me, you will.

I did watch This Is Spinal Tap tonight. So I have that going for me.

See? Even hearing that tidbit caused a painful aching in your bowels, didn't it?

-------------------------

On This Dayve In History: March 10th

- March 10th, 1963: Pete Rose debuts in Spring Training, getting hits in his first two at bats. (That's for all the baseball fans out there... *chirp* *chirp* hello?)

- March 10th, 1975: Dog spectacles were patented in England.

I kid you not - that is a testimony to just how boring a day March 10th seems to be. 200+ entries for today on "This Day In History" sites, and those are the two most interesting items. Pete Rose and dog glasses...

There's only one way to proceed... and that is to piggyback off the more successful efforts of better entertainers than I. So here's a clip from The Colbert Report:



I don't know how to modify the size so it fits the blog space better, sorry.

Until (a hopefully more interesting) tomorrow, remember, weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The quote is from Ghostbusters :D

It's amazing what Google can do ;)