Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Like An Abacus, You Can Count On Me...



"Decaffeinated" or "Decapitated", you decide...

Happy Wednesday to you all! Wait, today was Wednesday, right? Sheesh, lost track for a minute there...

Rug Shop Day, Part One is done for the week. Back at it tomorrow for Part Two! Mom liked the video I edited, but not the music, so I'm scrounging up new tracks. Once we get a finished product, I'll post it here... if only because it has been quite a journey to finish, so I have to show it off! And I still plan on doing more clips!

Dropped Daughter #2 off at school in the a.m., grabbed a burrito on the way to work (pollo asada, of course!), drank a Rockstar (funny... I didn't feel like one after drinking it! I felt like a spaz... they should rename it "Spaz Energy Drink"...), got some work done, hit the bank, came home, ate spaghetti, worked on the latest comic and now, BLOG TIME!

Of course, there was some Fallout 3 in there as well. I have a new favorite pastime. I play Fallout 3 and as I wander, I detonate all the derelict vehicles that I come across. For some reason, I get a big kick out of it. It makes me happy.

I suppose it's something you likely won't "get" unless you do it yourself. Well, I doubt y'all will rush out to buy the game, so here's a visual aid to help enlighten you...



In this case, it was an old bus. I tell ya, there's something about wandering around a nuked city, listening to 40's music on my portable radio, exploring and shooting/blowing stuff up. I don't know how that strikes you, but I find it endlessly entertaining...

I'm liking the Grisham novel. I know I'm hooked when I want to read during the day instead of just in my usual reading time of, say, 1 am to 3 am each night. I predict I'll be done with it before the weekend. It's kind of nice to take a break from Fantasy novels for a bit. In fact, now that I think of it, Joseph recommended a book a few weeks back that was (perhaps) a detective story or something (my memory is spotty). I think I'll search that out and give the author a read.

A few nights ago, I was complaining about some upcoming events that I was dreading on some level - including a planned family trip out to Albuquerque in May. Well, my dad offered to swap cars with me so I can drive his vehicle out to Alb instead of mine - which makes the trip a whole lot less dreadful. I was uncertain about how my car would hold up 1200 miles each way, but now I don't have to find out. Thanks Dad!

I read a stunning (to me) article today about a movie that is being made. Get this: The Farrelly brothers are making a Three Stooges movie - and you will, literally, never guess who they got to play Larry, Moe and Curly. 2 oscar winners and one of the highest pais actors today! Larry will be Sean Penn (I kid you not). Moe will be Benicio Del Toro (I kid you not). And Curly will be Jim Carrey (I kid you not).

I don't know whether to laugh until I blow snot bubbles, or cry until I blow snot bubbles. Either way, my reaction will have to involve snot bubbles. Can you believe that? Carrey is going to put on 40 pounds for the role. And it's not a biopic - it's a slapstick comedy.

Darn you, Tom Cruise! See what you started!

If you were offended by yesterday's funny video clip, I apologize. I assume Joseph was kidding, but you never know. I'll try to be a little less crude with future clips.

New comic tomorrow.

Until tomorrow, remember, wife in the fast lane, surely makes me lose my mind...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, today's thursday :D

at least here it is :)

Unknown said...

I was offended.

But that's of course because I at first thought it was you and you had gone streaking and not asked me to go and I was like why would Dave not invite me is he mad at me and then I looked closer and I realized it was not you and I was ok again.

So bring on the crude clips!