Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh No You Didn't!



OK, so remember yesterday's post, where I whined about how little sleep I got and how tired I was? Remember? Well, you probably thought that meant I would retire early last night, to catch up on a few Z's, right? Well, I thought that myself... until 3 am rolled around again, and I was still reading! I hit the first really great chapter in Bakker's book. I hope it's the start of a trend.

Ah, I'm a sucker for a good battle scene...

Today was a rug shop day. Went into to the ol' family business (no, not the mafia! Sheesh!) and got some shtuff done. Photographed some rugs that will soon (knock on Wood, lol. Good pun, eh Josh?) be up on the web site for sale. Then we'll sell them and be "rolling" in dough! (That's a rug pun, by the way... "rolling"... get it? Get it?). What? I have to explain the Josh pun too? Sheesh! Josh's last name is Wood... and he's the one building our rug site... get it now? Man, what a rough crowd!

I intended to do a Favorite Scene tonight, and actually ripped it, but I got distracted by a combination of LOST, The Colbert Report and Unreal Tournament, and so I missed my deadline. I'll have it tomorrow, for sure.

Visited my old friend Carey at the hospital tonight on the way home. He's hanging in there. His right leg below the knee looks like a red tree trunk. They're pumping him full of all kinds of stuff (he was hoping for an IV of Mountain Dew, but they wouldn't go for it), and they say he might be able to go home tomorrow night. Apparently, he'll more quickly recover at home.

Got some $$$ in the mail today, w00t w00t. It will be a relief to have the rent covered, that's for sure. And I still have a handful of (smaller) checks coming in the next few days from other clients. Hey, every bit counts.

Well, I don't have any interesting tidbits for you tonight, as far as linked videos or funny pictures or whathaveyou. I'll troll for some tomorrow and hopefully be able to provide you with a chuckle or two after that. Sorry, I'm still somewhat zombified.

I feel like I'm forgetting to share something... Oh, well, it'll come to me as I'm drifting off to sleep, I'm sure.

Until tomorrow, remember to save the last dance for me...

No comments: