Monday, April 20, 2009

Theeing Sings In Whack and Blight...



Yes, I know, I already put up a cherry blossom pic a week or so ago... sorry, I'm a sucker for a nice sky...

EDIT: Wow! I've been accused of "stealing" this photograph! I'm such a thief! As penance, I shall doctor the original photo, so that now it includes my shameful accusation! Plus a guy playing bagpipes! EDIT

Oh, um... "nice sky" or "nice guy", which one?

I know Monday's are supposed to suck, but for me, this was very solidly in the "great day" region. "Great day" or "Great Dane", which one? Got up way too early (thanks Maggie!), tried to focus on some work, had a headache, felt awful so I took a nap, ran some errands - that's when things started to improve... ate some Panda Express (w00t w00t), drank a Rockstar (guava flavored, of course), worked on more RugCareCentral stuff, watched a half-dozen episodes of Big Bang Theory, and here I am!

Well... um... it seemed more enjoyable actually experiencing it... I mean, yeah, it sounds dull as a butterknife reading about it... hmm... well, maybe if I posted a clip from Big Bang Theory, and then posted a picture of my empty Rockstar can, that would help...

OK, here's a clip...


And here's my empty Rockstar can...


You like my custom desktop pic, eh? That's in case you couldn't find the empty Rockstar can in the main pic... I had to point it out for you... Of course, it didn't quite work out like I had planned... you can see the Rockstar can on the monitor as well, ruining the effect. Meh, it's the thought that counts...

WARNING: I'm about to do the thing parents do when they relay something cute that their toddler said. Prepare thyself!

It was hot this afternoon, so, being a dude, secure in my self-worth being alone in my office, I plugged in a portable fan and took off my shirt. Maggie opened the door, came in, closed the door behind her, walked over. She giggled, which was not a good sign... she then rubbed my tummy, and said, "Wow, looks like somebody is full!"

I kid you not. Of course, this is what mommy does to her when she has eaten a lot of food - she rubs her tummy and says that. So she didn't make it up, she just recalled it and applied it under very amusing circumstances. What else could I do? I spanked her and sent her to her room. No, of course not. I laughed and hugged her.

END OF STORY. There, that wasn't so bad, was it? Now we can move on...

Todayve In History: April 21
----------------------------------
- April 21, 1828: Noah Webster publishes the 1st American dictionary. (They could finally settle Scrabble challenges!)

- April 21, 1963: The Beatles and the Rolling Stones meet for the first time. (They had a slap fight to determine musical supremacy.)

- April 21st, 1989: Thousands of Chinese crowd into Tiananmen Square demanding greater political freedoms. (Unfortunately, it quickly devolved into a heated discussion of the classic "chopsticks vs fork" debate.)

- April 21, 1926: Queen Elizabeth II was born! (God shave the queen!)

I stumbled across this clip of a guitar player the other day, and I thought his style was unique. His name is Andy McKee. Abbie, I'd be curious to know what your dad thought about this guy's  approach.


Well, I have some more episodes of Big Bang Theory to watch, a little wandering around the DC wasteland to do, and a little reading to do before beddy-by time. Until tomorrow, remember: For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

5 comments:

Nachocheese said...

Nice desktop picture dave.

Bob the Kinky said...

loool, that andy mckee guy probably goes into a guitar shop, looks around... and says: i'd tap that :D

Abbie said...

cute story dave :) and i'll be sure to show pop that clip when he gets home, that was very cool! :D

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day to me, let alone a good Monday. If you're ever in RB and you're hungry try Quick Wok, they are awesome!

I might have to check out Big Bang. If you like a sitcom it must be good.

Maggie is so cute, she must be so big now...

Michael O'Donnell said...

The cherry blossom picture is stolen.