Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Pure Warrior... A Magnificent Anachronism...



 Wednesday, come and gone, like the happy feeling you get when you win a game of solitaire... so fleeting. A brief smile, and then gone... how depressing. Well, at least I have this giant bag of pistachios to keep me company... and that, too, will be gone soon! It's all vanity and vexation of spirit!

Can you tell I listened to Ecclesiastes today? Interesting book, actually... and quite depressing. It's all useless, ultimately (says Solomon), so rejoice in the work of your hands and leave it at that. Although at the end, his conclusion is different... "Let us hear the conclusion of the matter: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

The whole duty? What about playing computer games? Doesn't that factor in there somewhere?

I've been giving Borderlands another shot the past 2 days, and it certainly is growing on me, like the fungus that it is... I'm actually starting to enjoy it now. We'll see if it lasts. I have yet to play it mutliplayer or co-op yet.



This is the Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia, and it's a stunning series of lakes and waterfalls. I don't think there's anything comparable in the States... here's 2 more pics...




Isn't that incredible? Apparently, you used to be able to swim there
(until the late nineties), but now you can't... HERE is a link to an article on the place, with a bunch more awesome pictures...

By the way, I found out the product that the Farting Santa was using to make the fart noises in that clip the other night... Of course, I may have to get one... or several, to give to you all as Christmas gifts... The creator has a YouTube Channel that has tons of other funny clips, including a Farting Snowman clip that I found amusing... again, I'm sorry... I can't help it, I find it funny... my mom told me today that the farting Santa clip was just not funny... I know! I realize this! Yet still...

OK, subject change... time for some Star Wars...

Here is a custom Han Solo Carbonite Desk you can buy for your office...



Honestly, that's cool, but a little creepy, if you ask me... but here's a collection of Star Wars hats you can buy...



Logan! Collect them all! Here is the website, but be warned... it's in a foreign language! Japanese, I think...

And if you're *really* bored, here's a link to a gallery with a bunch of cool "forced perspective" pics, like this one...



I believe my work here is done for the day. Gonna go slay some zombies and then work on my novel until the wee hours... until tomorrow, remember, you can afford to be an optimist. I can't.

2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Just have to say the waterfall pictures are breathe taking. I love them! I have a thing with waterfalls, I love them all. Thanks for sharing these. I am going to save the pictures and print them out to keep!

logankstewart said...

Tough draw, being a Christian. Constantly justifying ourselves and our time, saying we deserve a little free time, and then the realization of the depraved humanity sets in and throws on a guilt trip heavier than Mom ever could.

I WANT ONE OF THOSE DESKS! ("Thou shall not covet." There it is again. Tough life.) How awesome would that be? Sit at my Han Solo desk, wear my Chewie hat, and lean over and flick my Boba Fett bobblehead.