Saturday, March 13, 2010

From His Dwelling Place He Watches All Who Live On Earth. (Psalm 33:14)


Yay! Saturday! My favorite day!

What? Saturday's over? Crap!

Oh, well, better move on then....

Ladies and gentlemen, book lovers of all ages, I give you, the Librería El Ateneo in Buenos Aires, Argentina...


A Theater (obviously) that was converted into just about the coolest bookstore ever. Come on, admit it... you get goosebumps looking at the pics, right?



Makes you want to browse your favorite section while wearing a tux and belting out Brindisi from La Traviata, doesn't it...



OK, just pretend that's me and Wifey in that video... come on, use your imagination... we sing together like that all the time! Just, you know, around the house and stuff! Or waiting in line at Starbucks! Yeah, It's true!

OK, I lied...

GAAHHHH!!!! I'm turning 40 this year! :O AAAAAA!!!

Dang, that harsh realization snuck up on me again, sorry...

It's been a while since we had a Gutbuster of the Day, from This Is Why You're Fat... so here's a little number called The Hickory Rancher...


The Hickory Rancher: 1/2 pound beef patty, meunster cheese, 7 pieces of maple bacon, sauteed onions and honey hickory BBQ sauce, on a kaiser roll.

Yes, I know it looks tasty! Still, I think that would bust my gut for sure.

Not over-the-top enough for you?

Fine, here's The Flatline Burger...


The Flatline Burger: A double bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter, deep fried and served with chipotle mayo.

There... sufficiently gutbusterish enough for ya? Don't make me have to bust out The Chubby Girl Scout... (which is: a bacon-wrapped Samoa Girl Scout cookie, deep fried and topped with maple syrup and powdered sugar)  *shudder*...

I came across this cool video yesterday, of a Toyota Simulator...



Come on, that's funny... admit it...

I dropped my tax documents and receipts off at my tax guy today... hopefully I'll have a good idea of how much $$$ I'll owe the feds by Wednesday. It won't be good... oh, well... there's worse problems than being broke and owing a lot of money... at least I still have all of my legs! Man, if I was missing a few of my legs, I don't know what I'd do... probably just sit around in front of the computer all day...

[3 second pause to wait for the blatant irony to wear off]

Hey, what do you mean you haven't checked out the blog 100 Awesome Things lately!? Well, go check it out! Go ahead, I'll wait...

[15 second pause to wait for people to go check out 1000 Awesome Things]

Hey, cool, you came back!

If you hadn't returned, you would have missed this funny, geeky picture...

Makes me wish I had twins...

Remember that time I had an awesome, narcissistic website called Wagnervana, and I let it die on the vine? Remember? Yeah, I suck like that... in fact, this should be my license plate...

What? A Volvo is a safe, reliable car! Mock me not!

Good grief, I'm all over the place tonight.

Church Day tomorrow. That reminds me... I better go prepare a Sunday School lesson.... drat! We lose an hour tonight!

I've decided this time around, I don't particularly care for the end of The Name of the Wind, with that whole part where Kvothe goes to Trebon, happens to meet up with Denna, and then does the Draccus thing. Strikes me as fairly incongruous with the rest of the book. It bums me out a bit.

Uh oh... craving... black licorice....

[3 second pause to wait for sudden craving to pass]

I watched Gran Torino last night. Trite, cliched, contrived, poorly written, poorly cast, poorly acted. I'm rather boggled by the good press it received. A lot of people I know liked that film. Well, in cases like this, I realize the following: I am right, and all the rest of y'all are on some sort of controlled substance... that's the only logical conclusion.

Speaking of logical conclusions, I am done.

Dave

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was quite the, uh, article there my friend. The burger is something your buddy Josh might try. Hey, 40 isn't so bad. You still look as young as ever, so age is just a number, right? Did that make you feel better? I hope so, coz that's what I was trying to do. later dude. I really do love your blog.

Krista said...

Awesome Bookstore! I want one.

Gran Torino was just alright for me *shrug* nothing special.

Uh-Oh is 40 Over the Hill or is that 50? lol

All the best!

Unknown said...

Loved, loved the bookstore. Fabulous.

As far as those nasty burgers go...enough said. The picture alone caused me to get queasy, much less reading what it was made out of, much less actually eating it.

I liked Gran Torino. I liked the message of the film. Thought the ending was hokey and predictable though.

Have a great week. Cheers.

Abbie said...

wow dave that was a crazy post :) my favorite part was the ctrl c and ctrl v twins. They are so cute!
so, since 40 is such a cool year, are we going to have this amazingly awesome masquerade/human boggle birthday party????
(I really have no idea how human boggle would work, but it sounds cool (: lol)
Love the library!

logankstewart said...

Good Lord in Heaven, you are everywhere. Where to begin? How about with my CAPTCHA word.

wv: deadroll. No kidding. That's my word verification. How awesome is that?

I wonder if that bookstore charges and admission fee? That's awesome.

That milkshake is even more disgusting looking than the burgers. Or is that a smoothie?

Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V is nothing but genius.

You should expound on the incongruity. It's been a while since I read it, but I thought it fit perfectly in character. Kvothe is smitten and intrigued and looking for clues and information.

I haven't seen Gran Torino, but I was told it was a pretty good movie. Hmmm.

Crystal said...

LOVE the bookstore!! I want to go there.

Gross....who would put peanut butter on a cheeseburger?!?! That's wasting peanut butter.

Thanks for not showing the pic of The Chubby Girl Scout. That would have ruined Samoas for me forever.