Friday, March 26, 2010

He Set My Feet on a Rock and Gave Me a Firm Place to Stand. (Psalm 40:2)



OK, here's the part where I whine about how tired I am, and then you ask me why I'm up so late... and then we'll be at the part where I say something brilliant like, "I'm so tired, I can't sleep." And you say, "I'm bored with this post already - I wonder what Logan posted today?"

Then we'll be at the part where I weep softly into my stein full of root beer...

Hey, if you really want to be bored, I can go into more detail on my time on jury duty... or I can bombard you with details of the video conversion problems I finally solved today, regarding Rug Care Central and Traffic Geyser... and the new, bizarre obstacle that dragged everything to a halt yet again...

But instead, here's a Funny Picture...


I followed a cool link to a page that has tons of great prank ideas for the upcoming April Fool's Day - yet another holiday I don't really celebrate. In my old age, I think I should give more of these minor holidays a shot... anyway, HERE is the link to the page, if you want to chuckle for a few minutes, scrolling through the pranks. Not all of them are good, clean, wholesome fun, but most of them are pretty clever.

I like the device you sneak into a friend's keyboard that randomly activates the All Caps key as they type... they also have a light-activated device that you hide, that plays audio of a dripping faucet when the lights are out. When someone finally gets up to see which faucet is dripping, turning on the light in the room, the noise stops... until the light goes off again. MUAHAHAHAH!!!

They even have a device that you attach to a phone cord, so that 25% of the time, a call will purposely be misdialed, resulting in wrong numbers, even if they are punched in correctly. Dang! One clever item is an alarm clock that is embedded inside a dumbbell. When the alarm sounds, to shut it off, you have to do 10 bicep curls, lol.

They have several other links, to pages about pranks to play on a person's computer, or certain mischievous add-ons you can add to your friend's Firefox browser, if he/she uses that, and lots of other stuff. Like the "Mento + soda" prank... which I may have to try on one of my daughters...



And now, the ultimate romantic gift... a bouquet of bacon roses!

Tasty!

OK, this is the part where I realize I have nothing left to say. I need sleep.

I've been hearing from a couple people that comments aren't getting posted here for some reason. I have no clue why that would be - you know how addicted to comments I am, I want as many as possible! They did make some changes lately to blogger, so maybe they gummed up the works. All I can say is, sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, I'm tipping over now, I'm off.

Dave

9 comments:

logankstewart said...

Once again you instigate laughter. "And you say, "I'm bored with this post already - I wonder what Logan posted today?"" Dunno why, but that cracked me up.

Some of those April Fools pranks were awesome. Others were just E-V-I-L! Eeeeeeeeeevil!

Abbie said...

i like the mento one... let me know how it turns out :)

Unknown said...

my husband would LOVE those bacon roses...
thanks for stopping by my blog today

Paula Titus said...

There are huge white spaces on your page, and some of the photos aren't showing up for me. Plus I can't open my blog - I'm wondering if it's temporary or all is lost. :(

Sodi said...

HEEEEEE! It's spring break for me now so I have some time to read again!!!!!


The picture at the top of this post and the verse go so well together.

The all caps thing wouldn't work on my dad because he already types in all caps. Lol he thinks its easier because the he doesn't have to do capitals at the beginning of sentences or anything.

You make your blog out to be more boring than it actually is. Cause its not boring.

havah said...

And that, dear friend, is why you don't eat Mentos and drink soda at the same time.

Love the bacon roses. Is that a fried egg necklace next to it?

Sorry that I haven't been around more. I've been sleeping at night for the most part *shock* and too distracted the rest of the time. Glad to see your blog's still going strong though. Awesome as always.

David Wagner said...

Logan: Never been much of a prankster, but some of those looks fun.

Abbie: You got it!

Rachel: I assume the bacon roses are not edible? They'd have to be served hot, right away... cold bacon... *shudder*.

Avari: Enjoy your Spring Break, eh! Thanks for popping by.

Havah: Yay! Havah came by! Hope you are doing well, my friend. A fried egg necklace is on its way!

David Wagner said...

Paula: That's odd... I hope your blog is salvageable... and that you find time to update it again! Love the way your mind works...

Krista said...

hmmmm now I gotta get me some supplies and give my lil' brother a coke, because I'm like the nicest sister in the world!! WoOt! wOoT! ha-ha!