Friday, April 23, 2010

"If Evolution Really Works, How Come Mothers Only Have Two Hands?" - Milton Berle


Greetings everyone! Tis the weekend! Time for a little housekeeping and a blog round-up...

First, Had to take the Beatles Jukebox link off the list on the sidebar there, since YouTube finally suspended that account. Not sure what took them so long, but it was a great channel while it lasted. Every Remastered Beatles song in hi-def audio. Hope you got a chance to listen to a few while it was up.

I may overhaul my link list, as well as pop a new header up there soon. I won't change the theme, since I really like the "stretchy" theme I have up, that auto-adjusts the width to fit your monitor best, rather than locking the blog width to a certain size. If I can find a different "stretchy" theme, I may use it... Also, I'm up to 42 followers now! I'm world-famous! A blogging legend! Woohoo!

O_o

OK, fine, I'm still little ol' small-potatoes me. Still, it's nice to have more people dropping by now and then. Yanni, Chase and Dry! Hey, Dry, does that mean you started your own blog now? If so, let me know and I'll tell people to go read it! You'll get flooded with, maybe, 5 readers or something! Think of it!

Funny Picture time...

Hmm... that's the last Funny Picture I have in my archive. Better track down more soon...

OK, let's see who's doing what out there in Blogland...


  • Logan audio-recorded himself reading a short monologue he wrote, and bravely posted it for everyone to hear. I think it turned out quite well.
  • Rebecca has an interesting post on her blog about rejection (giving and receiving) which I think is worth reading.
  • Over on The Crystal Perspective, Crystal is having her first ever book give-away - a romance novel called The Life of O'Reilly, by Brian Cohen. If that genre does something for you, drop by and register to win it! You can also read her review of it at her blog as well.
  • Kristopher Denby is posting more interesting movie trailers on his blog, if movies are your thing. He also reviewed The Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King, if you want to check that out.
  • I've been reading a very cool fantasy/sci-fi blog lately called The Wertzone, by an Englishman named Adam Whitehead. Check it out, if that's your thing. I first saw Adam on the Dance With Dragons forum over at Amazon, where he staunchly defends George RR Martin against legions of people who pop in to blast the author, and say that Martin is too fat/old/lazy to ever finish his series. Always good fun.
  • The Writer over at The Writer's Notebook has finally broken down and started watching LOST, from the first season, and is reviewing them as he goes along. He has the first three seasons behind him and reviewed. If you still haven't watched LOST, you might want to pop over and see what he thinks of the seasons. His reviews are comprehensive and fun to read. He also has a review up of In Cold Blood, the classic by Truman Capote.
  • Mattson Tomlin, our resident Movie Director, is rejoicing over hitting his fund-raising goal for a reshoot of his film Solomon Grundy. You can follow along as he makes his film, if getting a behind-the-scenes peek interests you (like it does me). 
  • Peter over at Kyusi Reader has a great post up about a recent visit he took to the American Cemetery (he's in the Philipines) where American Soldiers are buried, that died during WW2. I suggest taking a peek at it when you get the chance, Very moving.
  • Over on 1000 Awesome Things, they are on #520, which is When A Baby Falls Asleep On You. Agreed, that is very awesome. Hop over there and check out more Awesome Things. They've released their first Book of Awesome, if you want to buy it, eh!
  • Of course, if books are your thing, you can pop in and see what these guys are all up to: Layers of Thought, Fantasy Book Critic, My World in Words and Pages (Hi Melissa!), Speculative Horizons, Fiction Addict, A Dribble of Ink, and Mad Hatter's Bookshelf and Book Review


So that's that. Did I forget anything? Someday, Paula and Havah will update their blogs again... *sigh*... someday...

Hey, nice waterfall, eh!

The good news is, I have plenty of work! The bad news is, I have to go do it. So I'll check back in with a normal post full of nonsense in the next day or so. Hope your weekends are great ones. Viva la Scrabble!

Dave

5 comments:

logankstewart said...

I'm going to have to follow some of those links, just not now. Much too exhausted. But I love The Wertzone. Adam is a heck of a reviewer, I daresay.

Thanks for all the links!

Odhynn said...

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, but I've got nothing to share ...
Well, I do, but for the time being I can't fully express myself in a language you could understand.
(Will still take you up in amateur Philosophy though).

Therefore, no blog. At least not yet.

Krista said...

haha Love the Epic Fail!

havah said...

Such a beautiful photograph. If I don't get to the ocean soon, I think I may die.

Ahem. That's not a fail. That's an innovative security system. Did the bars on the door not give you a hint? :D

I may check out some of the blogs you listed, but my mind's sort of chock-full of other stuff right now. I think it's great that you promote them though.

I have a blog?! Who knew! o_O

Crystal said...

Thanks for the blog book giveaway shout out!