Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Wrong is for Other People." -- Fanny Brice


Hello! It is Dave! You know... the sap that writes this blog... yeah, that "Dave"...

I wanted to bump the previous post down a notch, so I won't have to look at it anymore. And in doing so, I will violate one of my only blog rules... and that is Blog Rule #3: No Pictures of Feet!

But my brother John was showing off his AMAZING sock tan that he's been working on for months, out on the golf courses of southern California, and I snapped a pic...

Words fail me...

To help balance things out (or, as Paul Harvey used to say, "wash your eyes out with this..."), here's a pic of my sweet Maggie wearing a modified turtle pinata as a hat...

Words fail me again!

Man, there's a boat-load of birthdays going on lately! What's the deal with July and August birthdays!? Well, lemme do the math... if I subtract 9 months from July/August, I get November/December... looks like a lot of parents were enjoying the holiday season back in the day, eh?

So this Sunday, there will be a book signing in downtown San Diego, with Pat Rothfuss, Brandon Sanderson and Brent Weeks. Needless to say, I will be there. They will be reading samples of each other's work from 3 to 4 pm, and then signing afterwards. I plan on buying something hardback from each author, and getting me some signed books! I was planning on getting that T-shirt design printed up (the "Pat's On Fire" design) so I could get a picture with Mr. Rothfuss while I was wearing the shirt, but I can't find a local place that will make just one shirt for me. I'd have to buy a dozen. Not sure it would be worth the expense (at $8-$10 each!) just for a cool blog-worthy moment. Oh well.

I'll still do my best to get pics and video and do a blog update afterwards. So far, also going to the event are Wifey, Laythe, Vye, Rebekah and (hopefully) Joe. I would have notified Abbie and Rebecca, but I don't think either of them were all that thrilled with either Rothfuss or Sanderson... meh, I'll send them a FB message about it anyway, just to make sure...

I hope it will be fun.

Here's a recent goofy comic from Left Handed Comics.

Yeah, I know. Still, I needed a laugh, and it came through for me. I'm a man of simple pleasures...

OK, one more nice landscapey picture, and then I'm out...


Ah, mellow blues and greens, to match my mood... ahhhh....

Ahhhh-dios....

Dave

7 comments:

logankstewart said...

I'm still burning with jealousy, but looking at that bottom picture almost tones it down a bit, and looking at the feet just cracks me up.

wv: nononc...

Abbie said...

nice tan john.... :P
The comic is great :) I love how talented they are with their left! I realized that drawing with your non dominant hand is actually EASIER than WRITING with your non dominant hand. I wonder why though...

David Wagner said...

Logan: Hopefully, I'll have some good pics and maybe a video clip (if they allow it) for an upcoming post.

Abbie: I looked into the iron-on do-it-yourself things at Michaels as you suggested (for making the Tshirt), but I forgot that my color printer is on the fritz! Nertz!

James Murray said...

Nice Blog post! You haven't forgotten about us right?

PS. Have you seen 3 wise men? They looked like noblemen. From a country in the east. You know, flowing robes, jewelry, a little eye-liner - that sort of thing. They had a large caravan with them. Let me know! ^_^

Abbie said...

aww, thats a bum dave! you should have commented back on FB, I could have offered to print on mine... but it would only be letter size lol, so that might not have worked :P
But have fun tmrw!!!

David Wagner said...

It's all good, Abbie. Thx anyway.

And "James", your comment made my day, thank you, whoever you are!

Paula Titus said...

That is one awesome "farmer's tan" on the feet. Do you west-coasters call it that too? :)