Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Wedding, Angels and the Whole World.

Nice waterfall, eh?

Great... now I have to use the restroom. brb...

Ah, the middle of the weekend, with all the mixed emotions that come with it. I certainly enjoy a good weekend, but even while it's happening, in the back of my mind, I realize it will be over before I want it to be, and it will be a loooong wait before it happens again... I could draw an apt parallel to that, but it might offend everyone reading who is not a married male...

Speaking of "married", there was a wedding yesterday. Oh, it's the talk of the town. It's all over the newspapers and gossip columns today. There hasn't been a wedding of this magnitude since the royal wedding. Of course, I'm talking about my good friends Vye and Rebekah.

You know, these guys...

You might recognize Vye from my web comics. Rebekah is the one on the right, in the dress...

Yay!

It was a nice, outdoor ceremony, and surprisingly brief. And yes, I cried, I admit it. I *really* want them to be happy together and stay married forever and all that. I wish them only the best.

Here's some more pics, just because it's my blog, and I wanna postem!

Here's Abbie and Shannon, looking like they just floated down from Heaven... 


Here's Joseph walking his sister Rebekah down the aisle, so she can swap her last name for a new one. 


Here's Mr. and Mrs. Wilson, when they were still the future Mr. and Mrs. Wilson... 


And here are two very happy people. The Happy Couple!

All in all, it was an afternoon/early evening extremely well spent. I'm not usually much for being social, but I wouldn't have missed this for anything.

Guess who caught the bouquet? Yep, Middle Daughter. I told her to throw it back. Then I grounded her... 


And here's the... uh... other Happy Couple. O_O Plus, as an added bonus, a hideous goatee!

So that's that.

I'm going to keep this post brief tonight. In fact, I'm wearing briefs, just to maintain internal consistency. I will post one video, but you can't watch it unless you make a solemn promise, before God and man. That you will click "Play", then change the 360p to 1080p, then pause it and let it load completely. Then hit the full screen icon, and enjoy the heck out of this...



Remember, you promised. Unless it's full screen and high-def, it won't be anywhere near as amazing.

Adios for now. More stuff soon.

Dave the Middle-Aged

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't have a fancy schmancy computer, but loved the world video.

Looked like a wonderful day for Rebekah & Vye, sad we couldn't make it.

Beth

Joseph said...

Love the pics, Dave! It was a nice wedding and it was really good to see you and the family there. It's unfortunate John is in Vegas but we may have spontaneously jumped in the car and headed to Reno. So maybe it's a good thing.

Keep up the good work, Sir Dave.

Abbie Josephsen said...

ooh, love the pictures! hope you have more that you are going to put on FB :) haha, well, it's not Katie's fault! she was just in the perfect spot to get it :)

Rug Warrior said...

I love the "I grounded her" comment. Classic! =)

Thanks for posting the great photos - and quit ragging on yourself or I'll have to start ragging on you. (I know... it's an evil cycle - LOL.)

Love,
Your Favorite Older Sister

=)