Saturday, September 3, 2011

"When You Are Hungry, You Change Your Morality." -- Arnost Lustig


The weekend is here, woot, woot!

Just wanted to hop on here and drop a quick, drive-by post while I'm working on the newsletters and some video-edits for my sister. I can multitask like a boss! Sometimes...

Not much to say, really. Guess I'll just start and see where it goes...

Last post, I mentioned I had given up on Empire in Black and Gold, by Adrian Tchaikovsky, since I wasn't really clicking with the books' premise. Well, I decided before deleting it, I'd give it one last try... and I'm glad I did, since that seemed to be the point where the story really took off. I'll definitely finish it now. Wondering if I should do that for some of the other books I've abandoned.

By the way, that group of books I was giving away has been thinned out, but several are still available. The current list is:

* The Lion of Senet, by Jennifer Fallon
* The Lies of Locke LaMora, by Scott Lynch
* Empire in Black and Gold, by Adrian Tchaikovsky
* The Sword of Angels and The Jackal of Nar, by John Marco
* Storm Front, by Jim Butcher
* A Clash of Kings, by GRRM
* Lavondyss, by Robert Holdstock
* Hawkwood's Voyage, by Paul Kearney

I'm also adding a couple more books, in case you'd like these...



* The Folding Knife, by KJ Parker
* The Red Wolfe Conspiracy, by Robert Redick
* Black Sun Rising, by CS Friedman
* Gardens of the Moon, by Steven Erikson

Say the word, and they're yours.

Yes, really...

I watched a movie called Source Code last night, which stars Jake Gyllenhall, and I was very surprised at how good it was. Perhaps I was in just the right mood to watch an action flick, I don't know... either way, I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. I'd write a review, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment. Instead, I'll link to the Rotten Tomatoes summary page for it... 91%! Not bad at all! Looks like I wasn't alone in liking the film...

Laythe sent me the link to this video, and it is awesome.



Love the feel of it. The acting is good, the dialog works, the sentiments strong. I'd love to make short films like that.

Speaking of things that have moved me lately, the kids played this song by Adele for me recently (Someone Like You), and I think it's sublime... yeah, I know it's been out for a while, but hey, I'd never heard it before, okay!? Sheesh!

Bought myself some new shirts the other night at the mall, eh. If you had any idea how rare that is, you'd be congratulating me! Yeah, I'm feeling better about myself and the shape I'm getting in, so I'm starting to rework my wardrobe. Feels good.


And on that note, I'm out for now. Thanks to everyone who's taking books out of my hands. Let me know if you want anymore.

Dave

1 comment:

Odhynn said...

There's no end to these Mordor walking jokes! Gah!