Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Snack-Sized Serving of Stuff


Been holding this picture in my archive since last winter. Figured today was the day to finally post it. I'm not very political, nor will I drop a political rant in here to go with the photo... I just really like the shot.

The weekend strolls to a close. A great weekend. Rainy, sure, but I don't mind the rain. I think what made it great was the pair of great play rehearsals we had on Friday and Sunday... I am having more fun with this play than any other production we've done, any year, period. Not sure why this one is different, but it is. It's going really, really well. Everyone seems into it, and it's very enjoyable. I hope it lasts.

"The play's the thing, wherein we'll capture the conscience of the King!"

A little Hamlet for ya there. Modified slightly with a capital K, to alter the meaning rather substantially (all due respect to the long-dead bard)...

OK, let's see if anyone else thinks this is funny...



Well, whadaya think? I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at some of those falls. I know, I know... nothing new under the sun. Pratfalls have been getting laughs since vaudeville and silent films... still... I enjoyed it, for the most part...

First World Problems: Super bummed that Battlefield 3 doesn't work on my machine. The online play is unplayable, and the single-player game limps along and crashes every few minutes. I'll just shelve it and come back to it in six months, hoping they've worked out the bugs. Hopefully, Skyrim won't have similar problems... if it does, then I'll just have to pay Vye to upgrade my system... or buy me a new one! MUAHAHAHAH!!!! We'll see this coming up weekend... Skyrim comes out 11/11...

Still, it's good that BF3 isn't working, in a way... I have several things on my plate that could/should be commanding my full attention. The play, of course. My novel (this being NaNoWriMo and all!). The camp video, crawling toward completion. Plus, some work-related items (the rug shop, free-lance, and stuff for sister). In a way, the last thing I need is an absorbing distraction...

And now, the strangest video you've seen all year thus far...



Something oddly mesmerizing about that video. I wonder which program the artist used to animate that? I also wonder if he/she created that in his/her right mind, or were certain, shall we say, "substances" involved?

I don't!!!

Well, I'm gonna hit the road for now. Lots to do before bedtime - and it's already almost midnight. Squish me luck.

Adios,

Dave the Dave

3 comments:

Odhynn said...

Tae-Kwon-Do Bride!

Also, love the Cycles video. Lot of programmes that could produce that.
If I had this guy's footage and resources and heaps of time, I might be able to make a decent replica with After Effects and Maya.

Michelle said...

Cycles video was cool. :)

David Wagner said...

Dry: I checked on his site, and the artist says he uses Photoshop + After Effects. He says nothing about drugs though!

Michelle: Glad you liked it! I'll post more as I find them...