Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Chutney" is a Funny Word


Hello, fellow web-lurkers! I've decided, for the first time ever, to have a "guest blogger" write tonight's message! So, without further ado, let me introduce you to... um...

Dave scans the crowd, looking for a volunteer. Most of the chairs are empty. Two people near the back are asleep. Several teens are texting. One person near the aisle is investigating his own nose with some intensity.  Two ladies walk in, see that this isn't a Starbucks, turn and leave. That left the man in the clown suit in the front row...

Umm..... well, I think I'll start this post first, and we'll get to the "guest post" part later on... so, like a piano, stay tuned!

Finished writing the script for the short Easter film we'll (hopefully) be making between now and April 8th. The tone is quite heavy - it could be vetoed by the powers that be, if they feel it is too strong. The Easter Program we're doing this year is pretty cool, actually. The idea was to have a series of skits, each about 5 minutes in duration, each unique, but with the common theme of "death and resurrection", tying in with the Easter season. We plan on having a half-dozen skits, then maybe a half-hour of worship afterwards. So I thought it would be cool if we filmed one or two of the skits instead of doing them all live, so we could mix film and live-action. But as I brainstormed on ideas for my skit/film, the story I kept cooking on was a strong, serious one, rather than light-hearted.

We'll see. If we get the green light, I'll elaborate a bit more on it.

And now, this... be sure to give it a chance... it's cool until about the 1:30 mark, then it really takes off. I think you'll enjoy it.



Very creative.

On an unrelated note, I may soon be modifying my review of Second Sight, by Greg Hamerton (newest member of my "Favorite Authors" List), to edit out some inadvertent story spoilers. I haven't quite learned the art of providing the right amount of detail without spoiling surprises in the story. When I wrote the review, I suppose I was just so absorbed in the experience, I lost objectivity. I suppose I feel if I'm too vague, you won't want to read it! Anyway, apologies to anyone who felt I crossed the line. Bottom line, I highly recommend both the author and the series.


So, now, to the Guest Blogger portion of tonight's post! Allow me to introduce... uh...

Dave raises the house lights again and scans the audience once more. The clown is gone. The teens have stopped texting, but they are in the back, seeing how many stacked chairs they can jump over. A janitor is slowly working his way down the far aisle, vacuuming. And the sleepers are heading for the door, thinking that the raising of the lights meant that the show was over.

Hmm... well, it seems the Guest Post will have to wait...

And now we get to the part of the show you've all been waiting for, I'm sure!


No, no, not time for tickles, sorry...

It's time for the latest Pooter Video!!!!



Yeah, I know... color me 'juvenile'... that lady at the end there was great.

So that's that for now, I suppose. I'll try to get a volunteer for a Guest Post for you soon. I'm sure you're all sick of me by now.

Dave the Passe

4 comments:

logankstewart said...

That art video was fantastic. It's amazing how talented some people are. Good luck with the Easter film!

Anonymous said...

Such a young man, with such talent (although his friend may regret the tattoo on her tummy after the 3rd child, it will look like the ink is running :).

I dashed to Amazon (during freebie day), pressed all the right buttons, and didn't receive Second Sight! So, no spoilers here.

Looking forward to the Easter presentation.

Beth A.

Rory L. Aronsky said...

I don't play Spider Solitaire (Never got into it, but my dad swears by it), but that's exactly right! I spend a worrisome amount of time watching Walt Disney World YouTube videos and reading books unrelated to what I'm writing about.

Michelle said...

the paint video was amazing. :)