Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let the Whining Begin!


November first, eh? Well, so be it.

Blah Blah: The Beard blah blah, Halloween blah blah, the Christmas play blah blah, what I'm reading blah blah, Minecraft blah blah, what I've watched lately blah blah, theological windbaggery blah blah.... working on novel/screenplay blah blah...

Man, what can I say that I haven't already covered ad nauseum? 665 posts in my blog archive! Haven't I said enough already without unloading a bunch of reconstituted literary confetti on you?

How's the beard? Bushy and unappealing. Halloween? Took youngest out trick-or-treating, had a fun hour or so. The Christmas play? Angsty and exciting, at the same time. Reading? Finished reading The Alchemist by Paolo Bacigalupi, which was far shorter than I thought it would be. Pretty good read, though. Minecraft? You don't really want to know how many hours I've put into that game, building and digging. What I've watched? Since tearing through all 3 seasons of Lie To Me, I'm bummed... nothing else seems to entertain me as much as that show did. Theological organ grinding? Same old familiar fires... lately I've been revisiting the question, "Does God *really* know every thing I will do/say, forever?" Why would He want to know that much detail? And is that for every person/angel as well? Something about that doesn't ring with me, but we've covered that topic here before.

Heck, we've covered it all before!

GRRRRR!!!!!

I guess that leaves posting a few funny/cool photos, eh?

Fine. Here's a custom Scrabble keyboard...


Cool. And here's a dancer (I presume) doing something graceful and physically impossible...


OK, good, good... and here's a comic making fun of Facebook...

Whee! Isn't this fun! :D

And look! For Halloween, here's a dog in a cute costume! You know what that dog is thinking at that moment? KILL ME NOW!!!


Man, we're firing on all cylinders now, eh! One more, for good luck!


I am kinda stoked about the news that Disney bought Lucasfilm from good ol' Georgey for a cool four billion dollars. That opens the franchise up to some real screenwriting/directing talent. Maybe they can make a decent SW movie, to wash away the taste of disappointment left behind by the ridiculous and inept prequel trilogy. I figure they should either give the next film to Tarantino, or just dive right in and let Woody Allen have at it...

By the way, I am working on my novel, but I am not doing NaNoWriMo. Wow, I realize you were dying to know that, right? RIGHT?!?!!?

Adiossss for nowwwww.....

Dave the Listless

2 comments:

logankstewart said...

I'm pretty excited about the Disney purchase, too, but I'm confounded as to how this forthcoming trilogy will play into the Expanded Universe. As you know, I've read most of the EU and its chronology is extensive and its fanbase large. Three new movies are most likely going to disrupt the continuity if they go with original material, which would make the most sense. Regardless, I'm definitely going to be there watching EP VII as it comes on screen.

David Wagner said...

I'm not as familiar with the Star Wars universe as you are... in fact, I'm not really a big Sci-Fi fan to begin with. But for some reason, this news of Disney buying Lucasfilm has me very intrigued/excited. The property has tremendous potential - I'd love to see it realized.

Read an interview with Mark Hamill yesterday that was intriguing. He and Carrie Fisher may be coming back in the new movie(s). Also, it looks like the scripts will be created from scratch - ditching Lucas' outlines and roughs all together. Also a great sign, I think.

Call me an optimist, but man, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the SW universe.