Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"You Call This Archaeology?"


Hmm, let's see... what should I cover tonight? Fart jokes or theology? Hmm... tough call...

Hello all! Welcome to Tonight's Post called Dave's 100 Greatest Fart Jokes!!!1!

I'm kidding, fear not...

Actually, I do have a theological wrestling partner, which I may or may not trot out before the end of this post, depending on how capable I am feeling... but in the interim!

OK, well, I guess I'll start with an awesome video of a French magician...



So I got my new glasses today! Woot! A good end to a day that started off with some difficulty. A nice collection of annoyances that, taken individually, aren't much, but added together made for a swirling ball of hate in my gut. Here, lemme give you the rundown...

- Woke up at quarter-of-eight to the melodious sounds of the radio (the traffic report), describing a giant traffic snarl on the freeway that I take to work, describing a biblical-level jam that had clogged up the main route and all the alternatives. Lovely. Decided to call in late and wait it out at home for an hour or two. Then found out my wife had my wallet. OK, fine, no biggie, yes? Driving without my license... what's life without risks, eh? Except my low fuel light was on, and I had no cash, and my bank card was in the wallet.... Time to test how far I can coast on fumes. Of course, my cell phone died, so if I did run out of gas, who will know? Fine, I'll charge it when I get to the shop. Then I misplaced my one-armed glasses (which I need to see!), and had to leave without them, after tearing the place apart looking for them. By the time I got on the freeway, it was a clear shot. The Biblical-level traffic had miraculously vanished into thin air. That was a ray of hope. Limped into the shop -- no charger for my phone. That was all before noon.

So, yeah, it may seem like no biggie (and likely is no biggie, compared to what other people go through), it was an accumulation of frustrations, which never ceases to reveal to me my spiritual immaturity.


Currently reading a book called The Black God's War by author Moses Siregar III. Here's the link to the Good Reads page for it. It's readable enough to keep me turning pages, but only barely. It's hard for me to keep the characters straight, as far as who is whom. But there are some unique story elements that make it worth pressing through the confusion. Some unique magic, and scenes where the gods and goddesses interact with those that pray to them, actively helping them, for example, during battle, riding next to the person who prayed for help, on another horse, but unseen, in a spirit realm. That sort of thing.

By the way, I did end up reading the remainder of Homeland, by RA Salvatore. I know I said in an earlier post that I gave up on it at about 70% through, but I decided to finish it anyway. I'm glad I did - it ended well enough. Not well enough for me to want to continue the series, however...

Here's a great Christmas song I heard today, since the big day is less than 2 weeks away...



Not exactly Silent Night, but made a strong enough impact on me as I drove today that I looked it up when I got home. There you go!

Since I've been wearing my new glasses for the past few hours, I find myself continually reaching up to straighten them out. I guess I wore one-armed glasses askew on my face for too many days in a row... the act is ingrained...

I have plans with Todd F. to go filming something this weekend. Going to storyboard out the idea and send it to him tonight (I hope). It should be fun. I hope to post it when it's done. Also, I recorded my Mr. Bingley lines for that little audio drama I auditioned for. When that's available, I'll link that as well.

Yeah, I'm just so creative like that. [insert eye-roll here]

"The snake is a lie..."

Portal reference for the win!!!1!

Hey, I have another cool "cake" picture... for the ladies this time!

I always wondered what women kept in their purses...

And here's a last pic, somewhat related to the cake photos...

She's thinking, "Hmm... maybe I had too much cake..."

See, it's a bench ad for a weight loss program... see, they hooked a scale up to the bench, see... and so, like, when you sit down, it displays your weight, see...

Hmm... theology or no theology... hmm...

Nah, I think I'm done. Theology another night.

Adios y'all.

Pensive Dave

2 comments:

David Wagner said...

Conversational obfuscation via abject insipidities.

In other words, to change the subject by saying really stupid things.

I have no reason to post this in the comment, other than wanting to see what that phrase looked like on the screen, as opposed to in my head...

Carry on, all!

Drydoryssus said...

New advances in blogger jargon!