Monday, July 14, 2014

Is It Sleepy In Here, or Is It Just Me?


Well, hello there... can you tell that the above photo is, in fact, one photo, and not two stacked? That's a lake there, across the middle, eh! Sort of an optical delusion, eh? I was tricked when I first saw it as well, don't worry.

What? You're not worried? Oh, ok... I guess you're better than me, is that what you're saying!? Man, and I thought we were friends and everything!

What? We are friends?

Well, ok then!

I have a confession to make, friend. It is this: The main reason I'm posting tonight is so that I can share this photo...


It doesn't matter what mood I'm in -- and trust me, I've run the gamut lately -- all I have to do is look at that photo and my mood improves an average of 3.1 notches on the Mood-o-Meter... I find that endlessly amusing. I can't even tell for certain if that crow (raven?) is a real one or a facsimile. Its feet look a little too "metal" to me... would the raven's (crow's?) toes curl around the edge of the wood, or remain straight, I wonder..? Are they even called "toes" on a bird?

Regardless, I laugh every time. As I do for a nicely-timed blast of flatulence. And those video clips of kids swinging at a pinata and hitting an unfortunate bystander instead. Laugh every time.

Let's see... and other photos I laugh at every time? BRB, lemme check my stash...

Hmm, nope... no other "every time" photos that I could see... but this one is pretty funneh...


That reminds me... Herr Director of the BTI web series has decided my character needs to be more menacing (he says I'm still "too nice"), so he wants me to buzz my hair short, and grow my beard out. My character was always supposed to be somewhat ambiguous, as far as "is he a good guy or a bad guy?"... we're playing that up a bit more. I'm going to do it... I'll need to ask my agent (lol, I laugh every time I say that... how pretentious... "my agent") whether I need to get new headshots done or not... the head shot is supposed to be a good representation of what I look like...

We'll see...

Here's the trailer "they" made for the short film "we" submitted for the 48 Hour Film Festival...



The screening for our group is this upcoming Thursday (the 17th). It's at the Gaslamp Cinema downtown in San Diego. It will be the first time I've ever seen myself on the Big Screen! Think of it! This nose, only, like 20 feet tall! I can't wait! I hope the film doesn't get interrupted by a phone call from Limburgh Field, clearing my face for landing...

Speaking of "firsts", I also was pictured in my first ever Movie Poster!


How cool is that?

I suppose it's understood that I hope it won't be my last...

Hey, "they" even made a poster for the test movie "we" shot the week before!


Lol, nice.

Again, if either or both of these short films are made available, I'll post them here so you can taunt me mercilessly and make me cry like a little girl...

What? We are friends? Ok then!

Anything else? Well, No, I suppose... really, it was mainly the "cat/crow" photo... that was the important message which I wished to convey to all (both?) of my loyal blog readers! Hey, some day when I'm rich and famous, you can say you were loyal to me and my blog through all the bleak years of poverty and moral decay!

Then we'll, like, have lunch of something to celebrate.

Adios for now (Beth and Mom!),

Dave the Gump

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave.....good morning...nice photos....and can use one of those posters for the fridge.....looks like things are moving forward for you with the acting...happy for you ...you can thank me for a dysfunctional childhood at the awards ceremony ....love you ..mom

Anonymous said...

What an odd feeling - being spotted out reading your blog - is there no privacy anymore? :) BA

PS: Great job - may it lead to richer things in all areas of your life.

jp said...

It seems there are a few errors on the posters.... yes indeed... they left "Turd" off your name. :-(

Abbie Josephsen said...

the posters are awesome Dave! Can't wait to see the final products, if they let you post them :)